Introduction to Conductor
What is Conductor?
Conductor is a platform originally developed at Netflix to orchestrate workflows that span across applications or microservices.
- Orchestration Platform for building stateful applications without the overhead of managing a state machine
- Enables development of highly resilient and scalable distributed systems with built-in features that empowers the rapid development of business applications
- Used for a wide range of use cases such as business process automation, data pipelines, CI/CD pipelines, order management workflows, etc.
- Run 100s to millions of workflows per day that scales seamlessly for a wide range of applications
- Conductor is an open-source, Apache 2.0 licensed workflow orchestration framework
- Build workflows using many popular languages with SDKs
- With conductor - we create orchestration flows called as Workflows
- The Workflow consists of tasks and operators
- Tasks can be system managed (no-code deployment) or your custom code
- Tasks are managed by persistent task queues transparent to users
- Custom code tasks can be written in any language and can connect to a workflow using the client SDKs
- Tasks can be run like a programming language, i.e., sub workflows, step-by-step, parallel tasks, conditional tasks, dynamic tasks, etc. are supported