Integrating with Pinecone in Orkes Conductor
To effectively utilize AI and LLM tasks in Orkes Conductor, it's essential to integrate your Conductor cluster with the necessary Vector Database models.
Pinecone is a popular vector database known for its efficiency and versatility in handling large-scale vector data. This integration empowers you to access, query, and manipulate vector data effectively, enhancing the capabilities of Orkes Conductor in various natural language processing and artificial intelligence applications.
This guide will provide the steps for integrating Pinecone with Orkes Conductor.
Steps to integrate with Pinecone Database
Before beginning to integrate with Pinecone, you need to generate the API key.
Get the Pinecone API key
- Navigate to the Pinecone console.
- Create an account or sign up with your existing account.
- From the left menu, navigate to API Keys.
- Click +Create API Key.
- Provide a name for the key and click Create Key.
- Note your environment name and project name for the API key generated.
Note and keep your API key and environment name.
Create Indexes within your Pinecone project
Integrating with Pinecone as a provider
Now, you have the API key. Let’s integrate this with Orkes Conductor.
- Navigate to Integrations from the left menu on your Orkes Conductor console.
- Click +New integration button from the top-right of your window.
- Under the Vector Databases section, choose Pinecone.
- Click +Add and provide the following parameters:
|Integration name||Provide a name for the integration.|
|API Key||Provide the API key copied previously.|
|Environment||Provide the environment for the API key copied.|
|Project Name||Provide the project name.|
|Description||Provide a description of your integration.|
- You can toggle-on the Active button to activate the integration instantly.
- Click Save.
Adding Indexes to Pinecone Integration
Now, you have integrated your Conductor console with the Pinecone provider. The next step is integrating with the specific indexes.
To add a new index to the Pinecone integration:
- Navigate to the integrations page and click the '+' button next to the integration you created.
- Click +New Index.
- Provide the index name and an optional description. In case your account hasn’t configured any indexes yet, check out the Pinecone documentation on how to configure indexes within your Pinecone console.
- Click the Enable checkbox to enable the model immediately.
- Click Save.
This ensures the integration model is saved for future use in LLM tasks within Orkes Conductor.
RBAC - Governance on who can use Integrations
Now, the integration with the required models is ready. Next, we should determine the access control to these models.
The permission can be granted to applications/groups within the Orkes Conductor console.
To provide explicit permission to Groups:
- Navigate to Access Control > Groups from the left menu on your Orkes Conductor console.
- Create a new group or choose an existing group.
- Under the Permissions section, click +Add Permission.
- Under the Integrations tab, select the required integrations with the required permissions.
- Click Add Permissions. This ensures that all the group members can access these integration models in their workflows.
Similarly, you can also provide permissions to applications.